7.05.2009

Independence Day

Well, another Fourth of July has come and gone. I enjoyed the holiday in typical Jones fashion;a family party. I love the parties, each one includes Dad tries to impress Jada, Grandma fussing over everyone eating enough, and Scott Hunt laying down some hilariously sarcastic one liners. Then I spent 5 hours at Quiznos doing MY job.. After work I went to MY single's ward party. There were hardly any singles there. Little did I know it was a combined activity with a few family wards and some random people. The fireworks were impressive and I loved watching them. 

As usual, I pondered a bit on my freedom and realized how lucky I am to be going to college in the fall. I'm beginning to understand that going to college is a privilege. I was thinking about how many people (including myself) overlook the opportunity. To me it just feels like the next life step, when people in other places can't even imagine going to public school (especially women). I'm so grateful that I was born in America where I can have dreams and aspire to be something more than what is expected of me.  

God bless America. The land that I REALLY love. (I know it's cheesy, but it is also true.)

No comments:

Post a Comment