10.23.2011

Kickin' Off My Sunday Shoes

I went and saw Footloose on Friday night. I was nervous, because I am a BIG fan of the original and I feared the second one wouldn't compare. So wrong.

I LOVED it.

There were so many things I loved. I loved (some of) the fashion, the music and the actors.

They had Ren dressed up so nicely! Sweater vests, cardis, and jean on jean. I was loving his outfits. Even when he was just rocking jeans and button up, they spiced it up by rolling his sleeve and undershirt up. The jean on jean was blowing my mind. It usually doesn't work, but Ren was rocking it. He even wore attractive male boots. What? Attractive male boots? Yeah, it happened in this movie. Hated Ariel's prom dress. I get it. It was throw back to the original, but it was bad. I loved Ren's prom outfit, I mean c'mon. Red blazer and a bow tie? Yes please.

The music was fun too. I loved that the rebel song that Ren gets in trouble for blasting was "Black and Yellow." I laughed out loud about that. I liked that they spiced it up with some current sounds.

The actors were killin' it! Kenny Wormald made a fantastic Ren. He was way less awkward than Kevin Bacon and more attractive. I liked that they said he was from Boston (not Chicago) and gave him an accent. Julianne Hough (as Ariel) did a great job. I expected to not like her in this movie, but she proved me wrong. She was bubbly and sweet (after she loses the attitude). Miles Teller (Willard) was my favorite. He was hilarious. I loved his jokes and great dancing. Ser'Darius Blain (Woody): so freakin' funny. "Add an extra two inches for me." I was definitely laughing harder than anyone on my row. He was great. Shaw (Dennis Quaid) surprised me (he even rocked a cardi). He did a great job. I definitely liked him more than the original.

The movie was great and yes, I've thought about seeing it again. LOVED it.

xoxox,

Miss Jones

1 comment: