11.23.2011

Ray, as in Ray-Ban.

I believe whole heartedly that God places people in our lives for our benefit. Sometimes, I look at the people around me and my heart is overwhelmed by the love that I feel for these people. There is one person in particular that I look up to. We'll call him "Ray" for this post's purpose.

Ray and I have been friends for a while and good friends for a short minute. We met in the summer of 2009 and then were re-introduced and became friends in the summer of 2010. In our friendship's duration, not only has Ray trained me in my job, but I feel that his example is preparing me for life. Basically, he's shaping my life. He's strong. And supportive.

Ray is one of few people who have seen me in complete hysterics. Yeah, I was embarrassed, but Ray just stood up and gave me a hug. He looked passed my tears and gave me support and wonderful advice.

"Ray" is a selfless person. I learn so much from watching him give up things he wants and/or needs for other people.

He is open-minded and accepting.

He is driven. I would go as far as to say he is the most driven person I have ever encountered. He knows what he wants and he is going for it full force.

He is loyal to the 10th degree. He will stand by those he cares about in any situation. He takes "having your back" very seriously.

He is often critiqued for choices he's made by people who don't know him well. He stands strong in his convictions and presses forward regardless of how others perceive his decisions.

I feel very thankful for this person in my life. I feel increasingly blessed that I get to learn from him everyday.



xox,

Miss Jones

1 comment: